We are committed to making our websites and mobile applications usable by all people, whatever their abilities or disabilities. To achieve this we strive to comply with the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
Device configuration and assistive technology support
- CTC websites, apps and digital documents are created for flexible use on supporting devices. For example, you can enjoy CTC websites on desktop computers and portable web-enabled devices like smart phones.
- You can also modify your device to suit your individual needs, such as making text larger and increasing contrast.
- Microsoft Accessibility Learn about built-in accessibility tools and features in Microsoft Technologies like Windows
- Apple Accessibility Find out how Apple supports inclusive use of Mac computers, and portable devices like iPhone, iPad, Watch, TV and HomePod
- Google Accessibility Read about Google’s support for devices using the Android operating system, like smart phones and tablet computers
- CTC websites applications and documents are optimized for use with assistive technologies like screen readers, magnifiers, navigation switches and speech recognition software.
Limitations of this site’s accessibility
- While we’ve done a lot to ensure this site is accessibility, you may find some limitations:
- We always aim to communicate clearly, and as simply as possible; however some of the articles may require a reasonable level of technical understanding due to the technical nature of what they are about.
- Being a media organisation, many of our stories contain multimedia components such as audio and video. We are working to add captions, text transcripts and audio description to stories.
- While the site has been created to be as accessible as possible and has been reviewed by accessibility experts, some of the website has not yet been fully user-tested with people who have disabilities.
Let us know if you have difficulties using this CTC site
- If you find anything on the site difficult to use please contact us with details of your experience.
- All constructive feedback regarding the accessibility or usability of this website is welcome and will be carefully considered.